Wednesday, June 24, 2015

WEEK ONE

6-24-2015
HELLO FAMILY!!!!
This first week went by fast!  The hours take long but I can't believe that it is already my first week here!  Everybody should watch "Character of Christ" by Elder Bednar!  It changed my life and mission for sure.  I got my first package a couple of days ago, it was my suit from Men's Wearhouse.  Mom the dear elder thing is way cool!  I get your letters the day you send them instead of waiting for them to travel in the mail!  

My mission president should get here today!  Apparently this only happens every 3 years!  Me and my whole district are going to Vlad!  We get to meet him on Friday!!!  My branch pres said that we will have a bond with him like nobody else because the Lord called us to be here at this exact time so we could meet him! He said we will be Vlad's backbone!  I really look forward to meeting him!  The first few days of the MTC are really hard.  I never thought I'd get homesick but I did.  It gets better though and now I'm doing fine but I do miss you guys!!!

So far I have seen Wilson here once!  It wasn't a very long encounter either.  Being a missionary is awesome!  The spirit in the MTC is so strong!  I can't believe it is already my time to serve!  I went to the temple this morning and that was amazing!  Last time I was there I was with you guys and it was very special!  Moeshna means may I or yes you may Taylor.  Every time somebody says it I automatically think of you and how you say it!  I haven't seen anyone I know yet beside this one kid that graduated like a year before me.  I hope I see Jordan and Tanforce!   My schedule is now the same for the next 7 weeks.  Wake up at 6:30 go shower, go to breakfast then class for sometimes 9 hours!  It is broke up into 3 hour pieces!  Russian is hard to learn.  I'm glad Dad taught me I can do hard things!  I can pray though so that it good!

It's weird though, sometimes 2 years seems like an eternity and sometimes like nothing.  I am glad to be where I am supposed to be!  Being a missionary for the Lord is for me!  I have all these things I want to say but it's difficult to transfer them into words.  I have taken a lot of pictures Mom!  Hope I can figure out how to send them!  It is so great reading the letters you all have written me!  It keeps me going!  Elder Perry told our investigator he loves her haha!  Like I said before Russian is a little tricky and sometimes you make funny mistakes!  I know that some things take time so that's what I plan to give them.  I wish I was better at typing!! Sorry that this isn't much.  

Tell Grampy I'm really sorry for him!  I'll pray that he will have a speedy recovery!  I love you all with all my heart!  I know that this Church is true!  I would love some advice on how to make my MTC experience better!  I met a person that knows Natalie!  His name is Elder Hunt and he just got here today.  I'm really happy for all the good examples everyone who has served before me have set!  I have my day planned out everyday besides P-day.  I'll try to write more next week!  I'm getting along great with my companions!  And we are completely different.  I have found a greater testimony and love for Christ during the short time I've been here.  I've realized how important family is.  You never know what you've got til it's gone I guess.  I love you!!!!!!!!  

Love,

Elder Wilding

P.S. I'll send pictures next week!  Sorry no time!  Miss and love you!
With my companions Elder Brower and Elder Berrios

District with the Russian flag
Companions and roommates
Deep in thought
With Grumpy Cat
MTC Selfie
My schedule for the next eternity

No comments:

Post a Comment